Tropical Fruit and Basil Ice Cream
Basil Ice Cream Recipe
- 450 g (14½ oz) frozen tropical fruits, such as mango, papaya and pineapple
- 1 tablespoon lime juice 200 g (7 oz) mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 2 tablespoons chopped basil, plus 4–6 basil sprigs, to decorate
- Place half the fruit and the lime juice in a food processor and whizz until roughly chopped . add the mascarphone and icing sugar and blend fairly smooth
- add the remaining fruit and the basil and pulse until no large lumps of fruit remain. scoop into bowls and serve immediately, decorated with basil sprigs..