Bistek Tagalog Recipe
My sister, who is currently living on her own in California, decided she wants to learn how to cook. We have been exchanging emails so I could teach her how to cook simple yet delicious meals and BISTEK TAGALOG is first on her list. I am really one proud older sister and is very happy that she was able to cook with only my email/recipe as her guide.
1 lb (1/2kg) beef sirloin, thinly sliced
1/4 cup soy sauce
3 pcs calamansi or 1 lemon
3 cloves crushed garlic
1 onion, sliced into rings
salt and pepper to taste
1. Marinade beef in soy sauce, lemon (or calamansi), and ground black pepper for at least 30 minutes to 1 hour
2. Heat the cooking oil in a pan then stir fry the onion rings until the texture becomes soft. Set aside
3. In the same pan where the onions were fried, fry the marinated beef (without the marinade) until color turns brown. Set aside
4. Put-in the garlic then saute for a few minutes
5. Pour the marinade and bring to a boil.
6. Put in the fried beef and simmer for 15 to 20 minutes or until meat is tender. Add water as needed.
7. Add the stir-fried onions and some salt to taste.
8. Serve hot. Share and Enjoy